I don’t care what anyone says, dessert is the best thing to ever happen to this planet. Just like anyone else with a sweet tooth, I basically live for dessert. Even when I’m eating a meal, all I can think about is the slice of cake or bowl of ice cream I’m going to have as soon as I’m finished.
We’ve rounded up the 22 craziest and most unique desserts we could find to share with you and intensify any sweet cravings you may be having right now. This may be slightly cruel, but don’t worry, we have good intentions. I don’t think that causing any emergency dessert hankerings has ever done harm to anyone.
1. Wowfulls Waffles – New York City, NY
This unique dessert is inspired by the 1950’s-style egg waffles from Hong Kong. Luckily for Americans, Wowfulls has brought this traditional Chinese food to the streets of New York with their waffles that offer a bit of a Western twist on the original Asian favorite.
2. CottonHi Soft Serve – Los Angeles, CA
Based in LA, Cotton-Hi is serving up 100% organic cotton candy topped high on soft serve ice cream, drinks, and cake. After stalking their Instagram, I’m convinced that cotton candy should, without a doubt, be incorporated in more desserts.
3. Black Tap Sweet N’ Salty Milkshake – New York City, NY
Black Tap milkshakes have gained immense popularity within recent months on all forms of social media. This comes as no surprise with the extravagant toppings that come piled high on these $15 craft shakes.
4. Lavo Las Vegas 20 Layer Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake – Las Vegas, NV
It’s not surprising that you’ll find these 20 decadent layers of peanut butter icing and chocolate cake in one of the most excessive cities in the world, Las Vegas. This dessert has to be one of the most over-the-top cakes I’ve ever seen.
5. Petit Jacqueline Pot de Crème au Chocolat – Portland, OR
A dessert as rich as pot de crème au chocolat is one of the most lavish items you could find on any men. In Portland, Oregon, the French restaurant Petit Jacqueline is serving up these extravagant little desserts daily.
6. Sammy D’s Pink Cotton Candy Cake – Atlantic City, NJ
Talk about a sugar rush. At Sammy D’s restaurant in Atlantic City, New Jersey you’ll find this super sweet cake with a heaping pile of pink cotton candy to top it off.
7. The Milk Shop Ice Cream Macs – Los Angeles, CA
At The Milk Shop, creamy ice cream is stuffed between two macaroons and then dipped in any variety of cereal to your liking. Here, Fruit Loops, Fruity Pebbles, and Lucky Charms Ice Cream Macs are pictured.
8. Balaboosta’s Bakery Remix Chocolate Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Layer Cake – New York City, NY
The name of this cake is enough of a mouthful with its insane amount of delicious toppings that are sure to make anyone crave a slice of this bad boy.
9. Afters Ice Cream Chocolate Milky Bun – California
With several locations in California, Afters Ice Cream is changing the dessert game with their version of the classic ice cream sandwich which they call the Milky Bun.
10. Yardbird Southern Bacon Butterscotch Cake – Las Vegas, NV
Bacon frosting, toasted pecan bourbon ice cream, and butterscotch sauce combine to create the perfect blend of sweet and savory in this unique, yet mouthwatering cake served up by Yardbird Southern Table & Bar at The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
11. Pops by Haley Vanilla and Chocolate Birthday Cake Push Pops – Northeast U.S.
Reminiscent of the ice cream push ups you used to eat all summer long, Pops by Haley adds a twist to the classic dessert by creating these unique cake push pops.
12. Momofuku Milk Bar Birthday Cake – New York City, NY
The presentation of this cake is really what makes it stand out. Just by looking at it, this vanilla rainbow cake topped with cake crumbles and vanilla icing appears to be out of this world amazing.
13. Zero Degrees Spicy Pomegranate Sundae – Los Angeles, CA
This slightly strange dessert consists of pineapple Dole Whip soft serve and orange and strawberry Italian-ice topped with fresh pomegranate, tamarind candy, and a slice of lime.
14. Ice & Vice Ice Cream Cone – New York City, NY
Located in New York City, Ice & Vice calls themselves an experimental ice cream shop which is definitely true with flavors like Opium Den (tahini, toasted poppy seed, and lemon bread crouton) and Crack O’Lantern (pumpkin seed oil and crystallized ginger) that are seen on this cone with three roasted lemon poppy cake mallows to finish it off.
15. Ms. Cheezious S’mores Melt – Miami, FL
Ms. Cheezious is a food truck in Miami, Florida, that makes fresh grilled cheese sandwiches including this gooey, melty s’mores version of the classic grilled cheese.
16. Big Gay Ice Cream Rocky Roadhouse – New York City, NY
Big Gay Ice Cream is one of the most popular ice cream shops in New York City, and for good reason. This delicious mound of ice cream consists of chocolate soft-serve, toasted almonds, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
17. Churro Stix Churro Sandwich – Canoga Park, CA
Churro Stix actually calls this heavenly creation The Yumwich which is accurate considering this dessert contains creamy vanilla ice cream sandwiched by two churro patties.
18. Dean and Deluca S’mores Pie – New York City, NY
Nothing says America better than a slice of pie and a good ol’ s’more. Dean and Deluca has successfully combined those two delicious desserts to make one decadent S’mores Pie.
19. Ice & Vice Cream Puffs – New York City, NY
These cream puffs from Ice & Vice are filled with olive oil ice cream, balsamic swirl ice cream, and blackberry star anise gelèe. Sounds pretty fancy, but also super tasty.
20. Balaboosta’s Bakery Red Velvet Cream Pie Stuffed Cookies – New York City, NY
Balaboosta’s Bakery does desserts right, especially with these decadent cookies stuffed with red velvet cream pie.
21. Gombo’s Bakery Swiss Rolls – Brooklyn, NY
In Brooklyn, Gombo’s Bakery has a large variety of baked goods but these swiss rolls have to be some of the best looking desserts I’ve ever seen.
22. Insomnia Cookies Cookie Nachos – Multiple Locations
Cookies and nachos have finally come together to create the most insane desert I’ve ever seen. Cookie nachos are going to be the next “it” dessert, I’m sure of it.